Well folks it's exactly one week today that I started this desk makeover and I'm still NOT finished!! It's NEVER taken me this long to redo a piece a furniture!
Here's a little peek...
...this was my first time using milk paint. I used MMS Lucketts Green along with the dark antiquing wax.
I added the bonding agent because I wasn't going for the super chippy look on this piece, just lightly distressed. But, I was curious to try a drawer without it just to see what would happen. The top drawer is the one I painted without adding the bonding agent, it didn't chip too much.
As for the top of the desk, I used my little electric hand sander to remove the old finish and I stained it dark walnut. Ignore the streaks I took this pic right after I stained it.
And here's a peek of the new hardware.
I should have a full reveal in a few days!
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great week!
5 Fun Things I Found On Instagram (Driven By Decor)
12 minutes ago